Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tender chicken with vinegar


This is the second time for me to cook this meal. Of course, my husband and I liked it a lot.
Sometimes, chicken breast can be dry depending on how you cook. I prefer chicken breast when it is tender. By marinating with vinegar, it gets really tender but it doesn't get too sour. You will enjoy the texture, it's just like when you eat chicken nuggets. Plus, it doesn't have a strong flavor so we can't stop eating it.

Serve 2 to 3
Total time: about 45 min (including marinating)
  • 2 pieces of boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons of flour
    [Marinating sauce]
  • 2 teaspoons of vinegar (I use distilled white vinegar)
  • 2 teaspoons of cooking sake
  • A pinch of salt and pepper
1. Slice chicken into half inch or bite size pieces. Put it in a small bag like a Ziploc bag. (I usually buy a lot of chicken when it is on sale, then chop meat and put them in bags for a portion of meal and freeze them. Sometimes I keep using the bag until when I need for marinating or seasoning. A quart size bag is the best one for the two of us for a meal.)

2. Put vinegar, sake, salt, and pepper in the bag, and set aside in the refrigerator for more than 30 min. (You could start making something while marinating. I made vegetable stir-fry and miso soup in this period.)


3. Put flour in the bag and knead the bag gently to coat the chicken evenly with flour.


4. In a skillet, cook the chicken in hot oil over medium heat for about 3 to 4 min.


5. Flip over the chicken and cook until it gets light brown on both sides.


6. Done!

I think this can be a good appetizer or snack. It will be delicious if you put Yuzu Kosho on the chicken. 
If you do up to step 2, you could freeze it to save for a later meal. Thaw it in the refrigerator before going to work in the morning and all you will have to do is cook it when you return from work. It will save you the preparation time.

No comments:

Post a Comment